Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yay New Books!

Making books, while fun, is a long process filled with many steps. The minutia become so important, that it’s easy to forget what the final project will look and feel like.

That’s why getting advance, final copies of your books is such a thrill.

Suddenly, everything but the sculptural, realness of the book disappears, and you can view it as audience member for the first time.

Well, yesterday an envelope was dropped off at the Marcraft Novelty MGF Co. containing copies of my first two Elephant and Piggie books, a series of early readers in comic book form that feature two best friends.

Elephant Gerald is careful. Piggie is not.
Piggie cannot help smiling. Gerald can.
Gerald worries so that Piggie does not have to.

I can not be more excited about these books and really hope that audiences will dig them.

The first two books, Today I Will Fly! and My Friend is Sad, clock in at 57 pages and will release in April.

The fall will see the release of There is Bird on Your Head! and I Am Invited to a Party!

I’m roughing out number five as we speak.

A short New England tour is being put together for mid-April. I can't wait to go to a reading this spring and instead of me reading to kids, have them read to me!