Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Oh, Canada!

I’m off to the International Reading Association in Toronto this weekend. While it’s always a fun event, their schedule isn’t really posted, so I thought I give you guys the scoop on my public appearances:

Sunday, May 13 at 1pm, Fairmont Royal York, Ontario Room:

I’ll be the luncheon speaker at “Institute 12: Focus on Active Literacy Engagement: Children as Thinkers, Constructors and Comprehenders”. No, seriously, that’s what it’s called. My speech will be entitled, “Uhh… Here’s My Speech”. Please note: Thinking, Constructing and/or Comprehending is not guaranteed.

Monday, May 14 at 3pm, Convention Center:

I’ll be signing at the Reading Is Fundamental booth, #2420

Tuesday, May 15 at 9am, Convention Center North 206 C/D:

Brian Selznick and I will both speak at the lecture entitled “Pigeons and Oprhans, The Musical”. The subtitle is: “Mr. Selznick will describe the years of painstaking research required in his lavishly detailed work while Mr. Willems will describe how he just makes up stuff sometimes.” We’ve got a couple of fun things up our sleeves, but promise to have them dry cleaned as soon as we’re done. Please note: there will be no music.


Signing at the Hyperion Books for Children booth, #1800.

Drop by and say ‘hi’ if you get a chance.