Thursday, May 17, 2007


As I’ve mentioned before, getting the final copies of your books is always a thrill. It is the culmination of 18 months to 4 years of work, suddenly finished, in your hands, a little piece of sculpture awaiting the eager eyes of kids and their grown up buddies.

So, imagine my joy when the Marcraft Novelty MGF Co. recently acquired advance copies of this fall’s new Elephant and Piggie books, a new series of early readers in comic book form that feature two best friends.

They are entitled There is a Bird on Your Head! and I Am Invited to a Party! I hope that the kids and adults who check them out when they're released this fall will enjoy.

The first two, My Friend Is Sad and Today I Will Fly! have garnered nice reviews and made for some fun reader’s theatre.

I’m playing with ideas for number seven as we speak.