Friday, June 15, 2007

On the road…(and a doodle)


A quick note on my public plans for next week:

As many of you know, next weekend Washington DC will be filled with librarians, authors, & publishers for the American Library Association’s summer conference.

I’ll be there, signing at the Hyperion Booth on Sunday, June 24th from 9:00am – 10:00am.

That evening is the Caldecott/Newbery dinner, which will feature awards, great speeches, and old friends. As a way to get everyone out the door at the end of the dinner, they’ll screen the animated version of Knuffle Bunny.

Monday morning the ALSC Meeting will start with the Carnegie Medal Presentation for Knuffle Bunny. This award is special because the whole Willems clan did voices for the cartoon and knowing how much Andrew Carnegie loved DVDs, it’s cool to get a medal in his name. I’m sure I’ll manage to say something clever like, “Aggle Flaggle Klabble”.

The next day, I’m off to a cool conference at Shenandoah University along with a host of cool authors and good pals. I’ll be speaking and signing on Tuesday, June 26th.

After THAT, I’m escaping Brooklyn and going into seclusion for a few months with the hope that I can relax and get some work done simultaneously….