Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Yay Fan Mail (June edition)!

Fan Mail Day is the best day. This time, let’s concentrate on letters.

Some ask (beg) me to visit their schools:

(Bendy straws? I LOVE bendy straws!)

(“Wait, I’m too busy.” Boy, I’ve heard that one before.)

Others explain why they like certain characters:

There are “serious questions”:

(Yes, I do get tired of drawing the Pigeon every cingular day…)

Then there is my favorite of the batch, a zen inspirational reminder of what it’s all about:

Thanks to all the kids whose letters and drawings lift my spirits each month. You can check out past batches or send your own

Mo Willems
c/o Christian Trimmer
Hyperion Books for Children,
114 5th Ave, 14th fl
New York, NY 10011

Please BE PATIENT. It can take a while for me to get your mail. Huzzah!