Thursday, October 18, 2007

Oh, that's Original...


The Society of Illustrators Original Art Show begins today, featuring the gold-medal work of pals Mark Newgarden and Megan Montague Cash (some of you may remember how Mark saved my starving-artist butt back in the day).

The exhibit features quite a who's who of great illustrations from picture books. Somehow, I've found one of my books (Knuffle Bunny Too) selected for the exhibit (having judged the show one year, I know how hard it is to sort through all of those books, so mistakes were bound to have been made).

If you're around the upper east side, do drop in and take your time to see the art. The shows are always excellent.

The worst time to actually dig the art is tonight's opening, a invariable mosh-pit of illustrators, cartoonists, and their ilk.

I'll be at the bar.