Friday, October 26, 2007

The Whole Knuffle and Nothing But the Knuffle…

Pal and ASIFA East President David Levy recently blogged a nice overview of my animation career (although the head of the NYC’s Animation Society mistakenly says that my Sesame Street animations were produced at Curious Pictures—the were produced by my studio).

This is a preview to a cool event coming up next month:

On November 29 at 7pm ASIFA East will screen my two latest cartoons based on my books KNUFFLE BUNNY and LEONARDO THE TERRIBLE MONSTER at NYU’s screening Room 006 at 721 Broadway, NYC.



After the screening, I’ll be Dave and I will chat about animation, books, and the pitfalls of being an independent.

The event is open to NYU students and ASIFA Members (I heartily recommend you becoming a member. For 35 smackers you get to attend some awesome screenings and vote at their annual festival, not to mention both hobbing and nobbing with NYC’s Animation Elite).

Room 006 is where my very first film was screened in 1986, and since then I’ve screened lots of work there and met guys like Bill Plympton and Chuck Jones. A cool space.

If you can’t wait to see the 2007 Carnegie Medal winning KNUFFLE BUNNY you can drop by the film festival in Chicago this weekend.

Or you can order a copy of the new home video release of KNUFFLE BUNNY (and friends).

(note: I think you can turn off the creepy texty thing...)




If that’s not Knuffly enough for you, it turns out that NY Times Bestselling KNUFFLE BUNNY TOO: A CASE OF MISTAKEN IDENTITY is also a PW bestseller!

(oh, and we’re making a cartoon of that, too!)