Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A morning at the library...

I’ve just returned from the Donnell branch New York Public Library (across the street from MoMa, the one of the best museums named after me) where today the NYPL's “100 Titles for Ready and Sharing” list was announced. Happily, Elephant and Piggie are represented on the list with My Friend is Sad!

The event featured a presentation by the always-hip Ashley Bryan. I love how he gets everyone involved. Earnest and funny.

If you get a chance, drop on by the Library’s children’s department while they still have original art from cool books like Kevin Sherry’s I’m the Biggest Thing in the Ocean, Laura Vaccaro Seeger’s Dog and Bear, and pal Brian Selznick’s Hugo Cabret. You can also check out the real Winnie the Pooh and pals, too, but be warned and watch what you say: a blogger lurks there.

PS: You can check out past lists here.