Monday, February 18, 2008

Sesame Street Cartoon Fest!

As some of you already know, I spent most of the 1990's slogging away making little films for the folks over at Sesame Street. Now, thanks to the internet and obtuse programming, you can see some of those films in high-quality digitalnessness merely by jumping through some weird hoops.

They don’t have all of my work up (like the stop-motion short about the life-story of a bowl thrown by my father), but there’s enough.

Just click HERE, then input the following bold phrases and my films should be the first things that come up.

Suzie Kabloozie


(I wish they’d posted Suzie singing “Somebody Come and Play”, but they do have two shorts-one about outer space and the other about trading roles-that I’d completely forgotten making. How’s that for old age?)

Walk!

(This is one of the Big Letter films we shot around Brooklyn one weekend with a gaggle of my actor pals. We also made a stop-motion TAXI! short, but it’s not up)

Jump!


Geography Guy


(These are early hand painted xerography efforts mixed with cel-animated by Sheep in the Big City director Sue Perrotto. Georgraphy Guy started as a performance art character by Bradley Glenn, who I’d done stand-up with in the 80’s. I made 4 of these, 2 are available)

The Happy Portrait

(Weird, weird, weird, but I love it)

Beach


(more Big Letter shorts)

There ya go. It’s as easy as 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26…..


For those of you unwilling to type, here are some others….