Sunday, April 20, 2008


I just returned from Kutztown and laughed myself hoarse with pals Eric Rohman, Kate DiCamillo, Chris Myers, and Tom Warburton only to drop by the NYC Comic Con and find out that Kyle Baker’s kids dig my books (cool!) and bump into Shannon Hale, Brian Selznick, Libba Bray, and Holly Black.

I’m tired.

Here’s what also happened while I was away:

The SacBee called The Pigeon Wants a Puppy! the best Pigeon book ever!

The Pigeon Series found itself at #5 on the New York Times Bestseller list (series) for its 14th week. Knuffle Bunny Too is also #5 on the list, for picture books. Thank you for the support.

Canada likes The Pigeon Wants a Puppy.

The UK likes Edwina the Dinosaur Who Didn’t Know She Was Extinct.

School Library Journal has a theory. Not sure if I buy it, tho’.