Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back on the Road…(!)

With The Pigeon Wants a Puppy! tour just over, let’s flip through the calendar to see what’s up for the next six weeks or so:

Yikes! I’m busy!

Friday, May 30

Lecture at U of Tennessee at UT Hodges Library Auditorium
Knoxville, TN
(contact library regarding ticket info)

Saturday May 31

Children’s Festival of Reading
Knoxville, TN

10:00am Book signing in the Authors’ Talks tent

11:45am Presentation on the Main Stage

2:00pm Book signing in the Authors’ Talks tent

Friday, June 6

1:30 pm
Post-Bang: Comics Ten Minutes After The Big Bang!
Panel with Françoise Mouly (moderator), Lisa von Drasek, Leonard Marcus, myself, and Sara Varon
Cantor Film Center at NYU, 36 East 8 Street, Manhattan

(this is part of the MoCCA fest and should be fun. I've yet to meet Françoise and Sara)

Saturday, June 7

MoCCA festival
Puck Building, Manhattan

11:00am: signing & sketching at MoCCA booth
11:30am: signing at Disney Book Group booth

This is the coolest indie comix gathering of the year (and each year it gets better)

Wednesday and Thursday June 11-12

Mini Tour
London, UK
Schedule TBA

My first tour to England. I'll catch up with old pals and see if the British kids can yell, "NOOOO!"

Friday and Saturday June 13-14

Mini Tour
Dublin, IRL
Schedule TBA

My first trip to Ireland, much less tour. Looking forward to it, no matter how short the trip will be.

Sunday and Monday, June 29-30

ALA Convention

Anaheim, CA
(events for attendees only)

This is the big convention for kids books, and I’ll be busy with public appearances and general nuttiness.


9:00am Scholastic Books Fairs Autographing Session

2:00pm Hyperion Autographing Session

4:00pm Book Cart Drill Team Championships

Jon Scieska and I will be moderating and generally making fools of ourselves for your enjoyment once again. This is the event of the convention!

6:00pm Caldecott/Newbery Banquet

Oops! I mean this is the event of the convention. Brian Selznick will make an awesome speech and I’ll snag a silver sticker!


10:30am ALSC Award Presentation (Geisel Medal)

Oops! I mean this is the event of the convention. I’m make an easy-reading speech to thank everyone for supporting Elephant and Piggie.

3:00pm Signing at Hyperion Booth


I will retreat for the summer and catch up on some swimmin’, hikin’, and good ‘ol fashioned book makin’.