Saturday, July 19, 2008

And... CUT!

This week saw the recording of Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! for a Weston Woods short to be animated by the stellar Pete List (who’s currently doing great work on pal Lane Smith’s upcoming Madame President).

The voice cast is comprised of myself and Ambassador Jon Scieszka seen here debating which characters we would play. I wanted to be the Pigeon and he wanted to be the Wolf. But as there is no Wolf in the book, he was willing to be the Bus Driver.



The record was a riot. Pete starts animating in the fall, and I suspect it’ll be done in later spring 09.

(Here Jon and I demonstrate some of our subtle method acting abilities)



We also recorded a silly and serious interview with me for an upcoming Weston Woods documentary on my books and stuff. A fun day.

In other news School Library Journal dropped stars on Elephant and Piggie’s new I Love My Toy! and I Will Surprise My Friend!, saying: “These masterful mini-dramas will delight and amuse easy-reader and picture-book audiences, alike.” Thanks SLJ!

Thanks to you, Knuffle Bunny Too snuck back on the New York Times Bestseller list at #6 (for it’s 33rd week), right behind Jon “Bus Driver” Scieszka’s Truck Town.

If you like lists, check out my “5 favorite things” at Borders.com (thanks to the awesome inker Walden Wong for the heads up).

And if you’re Canadian, here’s an interview with Chapters.

And now: a sooper rough, sooper sneak, sooper peek:

video


Hope your summer is going well...