Tuesday, November 18, 2008

News!

Last weekend’s events in Savannah and Northampton were good fun. In Georgia, I had a lady signing for the deaf while I read. Watching her try to keep up as I yelled the extended freak out page in Leonardo the Terrible Monster as fast as I could was hilarious. She was a great sport. In Massachusetts, hearing pal Norton Juster accept an award on behalf of Reader to Reader rocked. It was also nice to see so many pals like Angela and Tony DiTerlizzi, Jarrett J. Krosoczkasdafjlk;a;lkdf, Jeannie Birdsall, Jerry Pinkney, Barbara Lehman, etc, etc, etc...

Speaking of exhibits, my favorite part of the Knuffle Funny Exhibit in Abilene is the final wall where patrons get to make their own Pigeons. Here it is after one week:



Huzzah!

In other cool news, Kirkus has declared Elephant and Piggie’s I Will Surprise My Friend as a best book of 2008 (note: this link is a downloading pdf). Thanks, Kirkus!



This Saturday I’ll be hanging out with Elephant and Piggie in the Chicago Library for Bookmania. Drop on by if you’re not busily working on the transition team…