Tuesday, January 27, 2009


With all the excitement from yesterday’s Geisel Medal win for Elephant and Piggie’s Are Your Ready To Play Outside?, I neglected to mention some other cool news.

Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed spent its 2nd week on the NY Times Bestseller list at #5.

In the press category, here’s a nice interview/career overview, a nice review of Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed, and a nice piece about cartooning and my work. I’ve always thought of myself as a cartoonist, so I’m particularly happy to see others do as well…

The last leg of the tour was a blast, filled with great, enthusiastic crowds, particularly in St. Louis where over 600 folks crammed into the Library to hear stories, make Pigeon headbands, and have their pictures taken with my characters.

I’ll post some pix when I get them.

Until then you can dig this cool object from the St. Louis Museum that bears an uncanny resemblance to me when my dog starts barking in the middle of the night...

Rock on!

(Now back to work on a sooper-tippy-toppy secret project... Mo' info in March...)