Thursday, April 23, 2009

Greetings from DC

The past few days in DC were good fun. We had nice crowds in Fairfax, VA and at the National Zoo for my readings of Elephant and Piggie and Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed.

I had some time off to check out some great shows at various museums on the Mall and made a quick speech at PBS Kids.

I also spent a morning at the Kennedy Center meeting with the theater staff and working on next May's Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical. We talked sets, stuff, met actors. It was all good fun.

Here I am with dramaturg Megan Alrutz and director Rosemary Newcott.

Here we are working...

Oh, and I got to meet a real, live Naked Mole Rat!

Three things I did not know before about Naked Mole Rats. 1. Their jaws are soooo strong they can chew through cement. 2. They have no 'sense of edge', which means they'll walk right off a table and >SPLAT!< 3. They are really, really gross.

Thanks to all for your kindness.