Sunday, April 19, 2009

I think you'd better sit down...

About 4 years ago I retired from TV animation... Or so I thought.

About a year or so ago I got a call from Mitch Hurwitz, which is cool because I like to watch his show, Arrested Development. Turns out we have a few things in common besides both having had a TV show suddenly canceled. Turns out Mitch likes Knuffle Bunny. Well, so do I

Well, before I know it my new pal has asked me to make some drawings for a TV show idea, and I say, "Sure" because 1. I like Arrested Development and 2. Having worked in TV for 15 years, I'm sure its not going to get made. Not ever.

Oops.

I don't know much more about the show except that I'm pretty certain you don't want your kids watching it when it premiers this evening.

For those of you who decide to tune in and love the show... uh, thanks. For those who hate it... uh, I just made few drawings like these:


The guys at FOX turned it into this:


Mitch explains the process here, the NY Times does it here...

Now back to my books...