Thursday, April 16, 2009

Updates... and May Schedule

For those of you in the Washington DC area, I hope you'll come out and visit me on Monday April 20th at 6pm in the Fairfax Borders where I'll be reading from my latest Elephant and Piggie book, Watch Me Throw the Ball!, answering questions and signing books.

My event on Tuesday, reading Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed with a real Naked Mole Rat at the National Zoo is, unfortunately (fortunately?) fully booked. It should be a blast.

As long as we're talking appearances, here's the schedule for
May, a month that is shaping up to be loads of fun.

Thursday, May 7th, 2:15 pm

I'll be in
Springfield, MA for the MLA (Mass. Librarian Association) convention. I'll be giving a speech entitled: Mo Willems: The Man, The Myth, The Title of This Presentation. Then, I'll sign and at 4:15 pm I'll host the Massachusetts Book Cart Drill Team State Championships! As some of you know, my pal Jon Scieszka and I have a long tradition of supporting this under appreciated sport. This should be awesome and will also be a great chance for me to practice for hosting the Nationals at ALA in Chicago this summer.

These events are open to convention attendees.

Friday, May 15th

The Margaret S. Skiff Children's & Teen Literature Conference

Parma, Ohio

This looks like a cool one! A whole day of talks and signings by comix folks, including pal Charise Mericle Harper. Also on the bill are the amazing Raina Telgemeier, Nick Bertozzi, and Gene Luen Yang. I'm a fan of all the other guys on the bill and am looking forward to what they have to say.---
Oops. It looks like this one is fully booked...

Saturday, May 16th

Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
Amherst, MA

world premiere celebration of 3 new films! The animated shorts Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! (starring myself and Jon Scieszka as the Bus Driver) and Knuffle Bunny Too (starring the whole Willems clan, Mommy, Daddy, and Trixie), plus a new documentary, Getting to Know Mo Willems. The cartoons are two of the best films I've ever worked on. I really love them, so please come out and watch.

And if that's not enough, we'll also screen the Carnegie Medal and NY Children's Film Festival winning
Knuffle Bunny and the Carnegie Medal and NY Children's Film Festival losing Leonardo the Terrible Monster. And if that's not enough, producers Paul Gagne and myself will do a Q&A session. And if that's not enough, I'll be signing books. And if that's not enough, tough. That's all we got.

Check the museum for a full schedule of events and times.

Open to public with museum admission.

Friday, May 29

Book Expo America
Javitz Center
New York, NY

For those of you attending the big bookseller convention, I'll be around visiting pals and appearing at the following events:

-9:30am-10:30am: BEA autographing, featuring a preview of my upcoming pop-out book, Big Frog Can't Fit In!

-11:00am-12:00noon: a signing at the First Book booth. These guys do amazing work!

1:45-2:45 p.m.

Tea with Children’s Authors. I'll be having tea with attendees and pals
Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, Libba Bray, Christopher and Walter Dean Myers, Kate DiCamillo, Jon Scieszka, Tomie dePaola, and more. I think you need to make reservations for this one.