Friday, June 19, 2009

July Schedule: Chicago!

I take a break from public appearances in the summer to concentrate on book work and occasionally kayak.

But, in July I'm off to Chicago to visit with Librarians and their ilk at the ALA Annual Conference, which is always fun, yet closed to the general public. So, we thought, why not throw in a fun reading for everyone?

Fortunately, the newly renovated Chicago Art Institute is having a Caldecott Exhibit during the summer, so, in conjunction with that, I'll be at the Institute on Friday, July 10 at 3pm reading from Knuffle Bunny Too (which is represented in the show) and new books, followed by a signing.

The following Sunday, July 12, I'll be on the ALA convention hall signing at the Hyperion Booth (2247) starting at 12:30 pm.

Then, of course, there is the Fifth Annual Bookcart Drill Team World Championship at 4pm hosted by yours truly and National Ambassador for Children's Literature, Jon Scieszka. [Room W357] This is always a (surreal) blast.

Then, on Monday, July 13 at 10:30 am is ALSC Award Ceremony [Room: W-196a] where I'll be receiving my Geisel Medal for Are You Ready To Play Outside and give some kind of speech.

Hope to see you in Chicago.

(I'll be back at it in September, visiting NYC, the Brooklyn Book Fest, and Hartford, CT--Mo Mofo later...)