Monday, September 21, 2009

National Book Fest Update!

I'm looking forward to going back to Washington, DC for this year's National Book Festival. The line-up of authors and illustrators is phenomenal and it's always a thrill to see the Mall chock full of readers digging all the action.

I'll be quite busy on Saturday with interviews and public appearances and (hopefully) catching up with some pals.

Here's my (revised) schedule:

11 am- Reading, PBS Tent. I'd been asked to read my favorite Suess book, so I chose the hilarious Sneeches on the Beaches. Others will be reading their faves throughout the day...

12:30-1:30- Signing. Note, my signing is before my appearance, which is weird. My day is pretty booked up, so I'll try to get to everyone before somebody yanks me away.

3:05- Reading, Q&A, Fun Surprises, Children's Tent. The big show. Premieres! Books! Kids! Come on and rock out!

3:45- Roundtable Q&A with the Library of Congress' Matt Raymond with journalists, bloggers, tweeters, and their ilk. [Honestly, not sure where this is being held.] Here's the deal: you can ask me any question you want, and I will answer any question I want. Should be good fun.

Don't forget to check the official schedule for details and be sure to check out as much as you can, like presentations by pals Jon Scieszka, David Shannon, Jackie Woodson, Rick Riordan, Tony DiTerlizzi, Holly Black, Lois Lowery, Kate DiCamillo, Shannon Hale, and more! Some real cool stuff planned for this Saturday!