Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Are Elephant and Piggie Comics?



I say, 'Sure. Why not?'

Over at The Comics Reporter, a conversation between two critics look back at the decade in comics and Elephant and Piggie's place in it and ends up with a 'Sure. Why not?' as well.

I'm certainly glad to be called a cartoonist just as I'm happy to see more cartooning in kids books (like pal Jeff Kinney's Wimpy Kid series) and more cartoons in kids books (like Jeff Smith's Bone series).

In fact, it's great seeing so many people named Jeff in comics or kids books...



The Comics Reporter
was nice enough to review my grown-up cartoon travelogue, You Can Never Find a Rickshaw When it Monsoons, a while back as well as some of my annual sketchbooks that I send out to clients and friends every year. But, mostly I am thankful for the site for helping me discover the sublime Cul De Sac comic strip and eventually become pals enough with it's creator to get to write an intro for him.



And a quick thanks to The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books for awarding Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed with one of their annual Blue Ribbons!