Wednesday, January 6, 2010

JANUARY SCHEDULE...

January will be a short month for appearances, but come February I'll be traveling across the country to introduce young readers to Cat the Cat and reading a new Elephant and Piggie book. The tour will include me riding in Tucks on the Saturday before Mardi Gras in my hometown of New Orleans and throwing special, exclusive Elephant and Piggie Kazoos! Stay tuned for details later in the week. But for now January: I'll be making two appearances:


Friday, Jan. 22
Pittsburgh, PA

1:30 p.m
Harris Theater, 809 Liberty Avenue

I'll be the featured speaker at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase
discussing my work in books and for the upcoming Knuffle Bunny Musical .

This speech is open to conference attendees only.


SATURDAY, JAN 23
Dallas, TX

3pm

26th KidFilm Festival (scroll to bottom for PDF schedule)
Angelika Film Center


The film festival has put together "A Tribute to Mo Willems", my first film retrospective
, screening work from my 22 years in animation, including rare Off-Beats, Sesame Street, and the shorts films based on my books. I'm excited about seeing some work that I haven't seen in many years. Hopefully the audience will be as well.

I'll be on hand to answer questions after the screening, and while supplies last everyone in the audience will receive a free book (of mine, I hope).

Addendum: A book sale and signing will follow thanks to Legacy Books of Dallas.

This screening is open to the public (all ages).


Speaking of screenings, my past, and January, Mr. Warburton reports that his creation Codename: Kids Next Door (where I served as head-writer of wrongs for 4 seasons) has returned to the Cartoon Network afternoon line-up.