Friday, February 12, 2010

Rhymes with Mo!

Those of you who have followed this blog or read up on me know of my childhood dream of becoming a syndicated cartoonist. When I turned 5 I wrote to Charles Schulz asking if I could have his job when he died*.

As life would have it, my dream would go unfulfilled for 37 years ("Awwwww").

Until next Monday, when I will be taking over pal Hilary Price's fantastic Rhymes With Orange comic strip for a whole week! ("Yaaaay!")

Yup, I didn't even have to wait for Hilary to die. She went on a cultural exchange with some cartoonists and needed someone to fill in the slot.

For the week, the strip will be called "Rhymes with Mo", which is better than "Rhymes with Morange". Maybe.

I'm on the road all week telling kids about my new Cat the Cat books, but you can bet I'll be picking up the paper each morning this week. I hope that starting Monday you'll check your local paper (or visit someone else's) too and read my funnies.

*You can check out the story in Guys Write for Guys Read.