Thursday, March 25, 2010

Give Me Your Keys!

As some of you know, there is lots of Pigeon stuff available besides the books. Well, this spring will see the release of a bunch of new, exciting Pigeon stuff in the form of board games, activities, matching games, and other cool stuff.

Before the onslaught, I thought I'd travel back 7 years before the Pigeon was published and look at his first bit of "product", a promotional keychain:


These were created for Hyperion's inspired marketing team to give to librarians, book reviewers, book stores and various big-wigs a few months before Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! was hatched. At the time few people thought a book starring a "rat with wings" would fly and I'm not sure this trinket helped change any minds, but it was real fun to make.

I'd had keychains made out of my characters before, but never had I been allowed to design one. I still love the clear base which allows the legs to be spindly.



This is unfortunately the last Pigeon keychain I have (I had two, but the second one's head fell off a week or so back).


Stay tuned for more cool Pigeon stuff as the year progresses...