Wednesday, April 14, 2010

End April-End May appearances!

I've got a few weeks to work at home, then I'll be hitting the road. Here is my public appearance schedule for the end of April until the end of May, when things get busy again.

On April 29th
White River Junction, VT.
4:30 pm

I'll be giving a talk to students of the Center for Cartoon Studies at Dartmouth College about my illustration and career with a book signing to follow.

This event is free & open to the public.

Friday, May 7
Washington DC

I'll be the luncheon speaker at the Children's Book Guild.

Please contact the Guild regarding attendance.

Saturday, May 8
Washington, DC
Kennedy Center

NOON: I'll be signing books at the Kennedy Center Gift Shop after the morning performance of Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Musical . You're welcome to come to the signing even if you can't make it to the show.

This event is open to the public

I'll also be attending the 5pm premier of the musical.

This show is sold out.

Tuesday, May 11
New York City

I'll be the the MC/host of the Children's Choice Book Awards Gala where I'll get in trouble for what I say to a host of celebrities, literary hot-shots and publishing folk. Should be good fun.

See the CBC for ticket info.


Cartoon-a-palooza animated screening at the Academy of Music to benefit the Forbes Library! I'll be screening a bunch of my animated and live-action shorts, including rarely seen Sesame Street work, episodes of Nickelodeon's The Off-Beats, Sheep in the Big City spots, and the animated versions of many of my books. We'll even have the world premier of The Pigeon Finds a Hotdog! on tap. I'll be there to answer questions and sign the special Elephant and Piggie art Posters (also to benefit the library's children's department). Don't miss this one!

Buy your tickets
on-line or at the library or Academy of Music Box Office.

May 25-27
New York City

BEA. I have lots of planned signings and appearances at the Book Expo including one public appearance in Brooklyn with Jon J Muth to promote the upcoming City Dog, Country Frog. There is also a great Knuffle Bunny Free give-away planned. More details to come, but for now here's the schedule:

Wed, May 26:

10 am: signing for Hyperion [booth 3352] (E+P Can I Play, Too?)

2:00 pm: autographing City Dog, Country Frog with Jon J Muth, autographing area Table 23 (ticket required)

Thursday, May 27:

10:00: signing for Harper [booth 3349] (Knuffle Bunny Free poster)

These signings are open to attendees of BEA.

Thursday, May 27:
Brooklyn, NY
Powerhouse Arena

A reading a signing with Jon J Muth in one of Dumbo's hippest stores (37 Main St).

This event is open to the public!

I'll also be attending my first National Cartoonists Society convention Memorial Weekend. No appearances tho', just as a fan and to root for my pals Hilary Price and Richard Thompson at the Rubens....

Phew! If you can make any of these events, do say 'hello'.