Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm off/June Schedule

I'm off to a slew of events in NYC for Book Expo America. I'll be signing and chatting both for attendees and the general public in Brooklyn on my own and with the great Jon J Muth (to promote our picture book City Dog, Country Frog).

All of the details are here (scroll down).

While I'm away, let's take a look at June's public appearances.



Saturday June 5, 11am

Reading and Signing
Broadside Books
Northampton, MA

This is my first signing at one of my town's local indies.

Saturday June 26- Monday June 28

American Library Association Convention
Washington, DC

I have a slew of dinners and breakfasts and whatnot in addition to the following signings and appearances for convention attendees (Note: all events will occur on the convention floor or special rooms in the center. Be sure to confirm locations as they may change):

Saturday June 26

1 pm- Signing at the Hyperion Booth


Sunday June 27

10:30 am- Signing at the Harper Collins Booth


4pm- 6th Annual Book Cart Drill Team National Championships!

Hosted by yours truly and former Ambassador for Childrens Literature Jon Scieszka. This event is always nuts (hear about it here) and always packed. Come early for the wackiness.


evening- The Caldecott/Newbury Banquet.

Looking forward to hearing the deserving winners speeches followed by a screening of the animated Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! featuring myself and Jon Scieszka as the Bus Driver.

Monday June, 28

10:30-Carnegie Award Speech

I can't wait to thank the committee for this years' win and hear the winners of the Sibert and Geisel medals do their thing.

Note: these events are open to attendees of the ALA convention.


And that will do it for public appearances for the summer. The rest of the time, I plan to take a break and maybe work on some new books. But look out in the fall when I'll be on the road reading and chatting about Elephant and Piggie and the final Knuffle Bunny book, Knuffle Bunny Free!



PS: Thanks to all who came out to yesterdays Cartoon-a-palooza, especially the family who made the sooper-cool yummy Pigeon-head cake on a sticks...