Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Update...








I've just returned from a quick break to some exciting news regarding City Dog, Country Frog.


The New England Independent Bookseller's Association has just named it Children's Book of the Year. As New Englanders, both Jon & I are thrilled by the nod from some of our favorite booksellers. Jon Muth will be accepting the award at the NEIBA convention on Sept. 30th. I, unfortunately, can't make it as I'll be on the road promoting the publication of Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion (more on that tour later).



City Dog has also managed to stay on the the NY Times Bestseller list this week, jumping up to #2 and being joined by Elephant & Piggie's Can I Play Too? at #9. Huzzah! and thanks to you for that.


In other news, the New Yorker blog has just posted about board books & the Pigeon and has some nice things to say.

I'll soon be off on another jaunt, this time to California, where I'll be visiting two museums I'm excited about:

San Francisco's Cartoon Art Museum, which is holding a Storytime! exhibit including work from Elephant & Piggie along with Bone, Little Lulu, and more cool stuff!

And the always spectacular Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa. No public appearances, I'm afraid, this time, but I will be reporting back on what happens. I'll be on the road again in late September visiting the East, West, and points in-between.