Wednesday, November 10, 2010

December Appearance...

After a busy fall on the road reading from Knuffle Bunny Free and Elephant & Piggie's We Are in a Book!, it's back to the old drawing board for me.

So this month, instead of any literary public events, I thought, "why not ballet?"

So, on December 11 at 1pm in Northampton MA's beautiful Academy of Music theater I will be making a special guest appearance/debut* in the Pioneer Valley Ballet's production of The Nutcracker in the role of Mother Ginger.

Really.



Rest assured, I'm told my part is small enough not to ruin any of the actual dancing that is to take place. Apparently, I was cast based on my girlish figure and beard.

Tickets are available here. The Nutcracker runs for several more performances, but each show features a different Mother Ginger. Again, mine is December 11 at 1pm.

See ya there!

*That does not, of course, include a 10th grade appearance in the 'movement group' ILLUSIONS (where I jumped around in parachute pants and a broken arm).