Monday, December 20, 2010

and a happy New Year!

I'm signing off for the holidays.

Here's hoping you had a fun 2010 and wishing you even more fun and reading in 2011.

2011 is sure to have some great surprises and cool announcements about books, exhibits, new projects. We're also teaming up with the folks at First Book for the the first ever Friendiversary. 


I'll be celebrating the publication of a picture book/chapter book hybrid that I'm very excited about, Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator!, which tells the adventures of a young girl and her stuffed alligator in 6-1/2 stories.

Elephant and Piggie will be back with a few more adventures as well, including I Broke My Trunk!, Should I Share My Ice Cream?, and Happy Pig Day!

Look for the Spanish version of the first Pigeon book, No dejes que la Paloma conduzca el autobus! Additionally, I'll have work in an anthology, a tribute to a great writer & pal, and some special Knuffle Bunny news! 

You can look forward to some great animated releases from the fine folks at Weston Woods in the coming year, including cartoon versions of Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed (narrated by Trixie Willems), Knuffle Bunny Free (starring the Willems clan) and Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! (with both Jon Scieszka and myself reprising our roles as the Bus Driver and Pigeon along with some awesome 2nd graders).

Knuffle Bunny: a Cautionary Musical will continue touring the country throughout the year.

 I'll be making many appearances over the next 12 months, including stops in New York; Montreal; Northampton, MA; Paris, France; Los Angeles; San Diego; Austin; Dallas; Memphis; Chicago; Minneapolis; New Orleans; Boston; New Jersey; and more. Conventions appearances include SCBWI-Winter, BEA, and ALA.

Of course, this blog is the place to be for all the news and doodles you can stand.

Thanks for all of the support over the last 12 months and I'll see you in the new year!