Monday, January 31, 2011

Thanks to you...

I just returned from NYC for meetings, photo shoots, pals, and talking to and with folks at SCBWI's bi-annual conference in addition to bumping into a bunch of animation pals on the street.

Great fun.

While I was away,  thanks to you, Knuffle Bunny Free spent it's 16th week on the NYTimes Bestseller list at #6 and was #10 on the Indie Bestseller list for Children's Illustrated.  Elephant and Piggie's We Are in a Book! is #9 on their Children's Interest list.

Thanks for the wonderful support and keep it tuned here:  there are lots of cool bits of news coming up in the next few weeks.

Speaking to writers both published and aspiring to be published this weekend made me reflect on my past and ambitions.  25 years ago my goal was to be the funniest person in the history of forever.  Now, my goal is much more daunting: to be a competent parent.  Not reaching my first goal doesn't bother me, but the second one is worth fighting for.