Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hooray for Previews!

The old mail bag had a special surprise while I was away, a book about surprises: my preview copy of the upcoming HOORAY FOR AMANDA AND HER ALLIGATOR!



Outside of my travelog, it's my longest book to date, a hybrid picture book and chapter book chronicling the surprising adventures of a spunky girl and her nervous stuffed alligator in 6-1/2 stories.

I'm excited about this one, especially as the final book came out so well.

Here's a video featuring adorable scamps and my less adorable or scampy self talking about the book:




If you and your Alligator get a chance, please drop by GoMo.net to play Amanda Wants to Play! and download your own Books Beat Boredom digital wallpaper.

I'll be touring in the spring to celebrate it's release, but now it's fun to actually hold the book that I've been working on for the past few years, the first to be completely created in my current studio.

As Amanda says, "Books beat boredom!"