Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vote Early!

It's time for the Children's Choice Book Awards voting, when real live kids and teachers and fans get to have their voices heard.  It was a thrill a few years back when The Pigeon Wants a Puppy! won an award and I had a great time wrestling Ambassador Scieszka to the ground while hosting last year's awards in NYC.

This year the hosting duties go to my pal and neighbor Jarrett Krosoczka.



I'm thrilled to announce that I've been nominated for Illustrator of the Year for Knuffle Bunny Free.  Will I win? We'll the other guys are pretty awesome.  But, more importantly, it depends on you!

The Children's Choice Awards are the culmination of Children's Book Week.



Check this year's poster by Peter Brown and Jeff Kinney's book mark here and don't forget to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! 


(Here are photos of last years event & a report on the "Knuffle Scuffle")