Thursday, April 28, 2011

ASIFA-East Fest this Sunday

If you're in NYC this Sunday (May 1st) and are in the mood for a screening of the best of East Coast animation in the past year, I suggest you drop by The ASIFA-East Festival at

The New School
Tischman Auditorim
66 W. 12th St.
(bet. 5th/6th Aves)
Show starts at 6pm, but get there early and beat the crowd.

I have it on good authority that both of this years animated adaptations of my books The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog and Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed will be screened.  Again, I'm sorry to have to miss this always fun event as I'll be at the LA Festival of Books on Sunday.

The great news is that all of this cool, funky animation is free and most of the filmmakers will be there. The bad news is that this is not for the kiddies. Many of the films can have adult themes and language.

I'm lucky enough to have had many of my films represented at the Festival over the years, starting in 1993 when I won my first ever award. Viva ASIFA-East!