Friday, April 15, 2011

MAY APPEARANCES

 
May is going to be a busy month as I'll be touring the country to read (and sign) my newest book, Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator! along with the latest Elephant and Piggie adventure, I Broke My Trunk!  Then later in the month I'll be in New York for BEA, the annual bookseller convention, along with some great pals.  If you're in the area, please drop by and say hello.  

And remember to double check with the venue to confirm the event and their guidelines.

 

HOORAY FOR AMANDA & HER ALLIGATOR TOUR

Sunday, May 1, 10:55AM

Los Angeles Times Festival of Books (Los Angeles CA)
University of Southern California
Reading & signing at the Target Stage

It's been a few years since I've done the LA Fest and I've always had a great time.  They get a fantastic line-up of authors and illustrators.  Always a fun day.

Open to the Public.
 

Monday May 2, 4:30PM
*Special Children’s Book Week Event!*
7812 Girard Avenue, La Jolla CA 92037
 
My first time at Warwick's.  Looking forward.
Open to the Public.



Tuesday May 3, 6PM
603 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin TX 78703
 
I love me some Austin and the folks at BookPeople are great fun.
 
Open to the Public.


Wednesday, May 4, 6PM
Barnes and Noble
1430 Plaza Place
Southlake, TX 76092
 
Open to the Public.



May 5, 4PM
2559 N. Downer Avenue, Milwaukee WI  53211
 
Another first time visit!
Open to the Public.




May 6, 7:30PM

The Harold Washington Library Center
The Chicago Public Library
400 South State Street, Chicago IL 60605

This is a big, fancy speech given each year by luminaries such as Sendak or Scieszka.  I was invited thanks to a typo and now they can't get rid of me.




BEA Appearances
 
I hope to see you if you're attending BEA in NYC this year.  You can also say 'hello' to Elephant and Piggie who will be wandering around the exhibition hall.  I have two scheduled signings:

Tuesday, May 24, 3:30 pm
Autograph line for Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator!

Wednesday, May 25th

10:30 am
Autograph line for Elephant and Piggie's upcoming Should I Share My Ice Cream?




Here is a somewhat ponderous video interview I made last year at BEA when I was promoting Knuffle Bunny Free.

Following the BEA show, I'll be off to the National Cartoonist Society's annual convention in Boston, but as a civilian cheering on and hanging out with my cartoonist pals.

Myself and Mutts' resident genius Patrick McDonnell
June will see more events in Northampton, MA, Savannah GA, and New Orleans, LA where I'll be doing a series of events for my hometown pals and the attendees at ALA.  Mo' to come.

And a reminder:

If you are in Northampton, MA, tomorrow (April 16) at 2pm, drop by the Forbes Library for a ceremony celebrating the library's renovated Kids Area and Gerald Budgar, my wife Cher, and myself.  The mayor will be there and we'll screen the animated version of NAKED MOLE RAT GETS DRESSED.