Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A crazy week.

I'm back at the studio, using electricity and other things I'd missed for a few days during the East Coast storm, and thought I'd give an update of the past week of NYC adventures.




The big news of the week was the release of the Pigeon's first Application, DON'T LET THE PIGEON RUN THIS APP! which was accompanied by a flurry of press and interviews including this story in USA Today , NPR's Roundtable NY1 and this quite in-depth and very fun interview with Entertainment Weekly (probably the best one I've had since this one in Chicago).




Reaction has been quite positive hearing from friends and scans of chatting on line and reviews.  The question of other formats, Android, etc. does come up, so I've chatted with the technical folks in charge of that sort of thing.  The answer is not for now, which I understand has to do with technical specs more than anything else.  As soon as that changes, I'll let you know.

I also spoke at Riverside Church to 3,000+ very nice teachers and librarians. Nice venue, great folks.



The Society of Illustrators exhibit featuring the best kids books illustrations of the year opened last week in an annual mosh-pit experience of tons and tons of pals chatting, having a glass of wine and trying to get a peek at the stupendous work on the walls.  The show hangs until the end of the year. If you're in NYC it is a must see.

At a pre-party, I hung out with pals Kadir Nelson, Brett Helquist, Barbara McClintock, and Sharon Robinson.  Sharon introduced me to her mother, Rachel Robinson, widow of Jackie Robinson and an astounding lady who is sharper and stronger than I am at age 90.  A big thrill.

I met, ate, drank root beers, and doodled with Oliver Jeffers for the first time.  What a nice 'bloke'. Good fun.

Oh, and I like this menu very much:



Now, back to work!