Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012

Hope everyone had a safe and fun new years celebration (I'll speak softly).

2012 is looking to be a fun year with lots of new surprises and fun visits.

Before I get into the year, I want to point out this great article in today's NYTimes putting a scientific eye towards some classic kids books including BROWN BEAR, BROWN BEAR WHAT DO YOU SEE, CURIOUS GEORGE, and FROG AND TOAD. Somehow DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS! got into the mix with the story of how efficiently pigeons can plan routes.  It's all written up in a scientific paper entitled "Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!" (really). 

What a great way to start out the year!

While I can't give you a full run down of all the cities I'll be visiting, I can let you know there will be a tour in the spring and in the fall in addition to several fun jaunts around the country and abroad. Looks like I'll visit the east coast, west coast, and some states in the middle (which will be great fun).

New books will include a brand new Pigeon book, THE DUCKLING GETS A COOKIE!?, two Elephant and Piggie adventures, LISTEN TO MY TRUMPET! and LET'S GO FOR A DRIVE! The fall will also see the publication of a very exciting Pigeon activity book (entitled DON'T LET THE PIGEON FINISH THIS ACTIVITY BOOK!) and event book plus a brand-new picture book featuring new characters that may or may not be dinosaurs.

In addition, we'll see the release of animated versions of KNUFFLE BUNNY FREE and EDWINA The Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct, theatrical productions of the PIGEON and NAKED MOLE RAT GETS DRESSED, a revival of KNUFFLE BUNNY: A CAUTIONARY MUSICAL in Bahrain, and plush versions of ALLIGATOR and PANDA.

I also have a few top secret things in the works that I hope to be able to talk about soon.

As always, I'll be updating this blog with events, doodles, fan mail and mo'.

Thanks for visiting and have a great `12!

(Oh, and if you're in DC next week, I hope to see you at the Kennedy Center)