Monday, January 9, 2012

I'm Back!

I've just returned from DC where, in addition to some work, I managed to visit a Title 1 school and have my books distributed to the kids there (thanks to An Open Book Foundation) and see the final run of the Knuffle Bunny Musical.

Backstage with the big, dancing Knuffle Bunny
After the last Saturday show, we held an impromptu Q&A with the cast. Then the cast and crew (past and present) ambled over to a local watering hole and spent a while drinking root beers and chatting about the Musical's upcoming very short run in Bahrain (more on that later).

Here I am with the 3 actors [Paul Edward Hope, M.J. Casey, and Brian Sutow] who played "Dad" in the various runs. Due to an injury to Dad 3 that lasted a few days ALL the Dads played their roll in the last week.  Poor Trixie.
I also sat down with a reporter from the Washington Post who wrote up this lovely feature piece filled with quotes from some of my pals.  The accompanying slide show has some great shots of the kids at my reading.

A very fun jaunt. (Speaking of fun, I love this little piece in an Indiana paper about a Pigeon/Elephant & Piggie reading at a local library. So fun.)

Now, back to work.