Friday, January 20, 2012

The next Picture Book...

On my last few appearances I'd often been asked about my next book.  I'd always mention that this year will see the publication of a few Elephant & Piggie books and a new Pigeon book (The Duckling Gets A Cookie!?), but the last book of the year will feature all new characters and it's been kind of a secret.

Until now, when I show the cover:

Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs as retold by Mo Willems is my version of the classic Dinosaur Fairy Tale.  It is very loosely based on one of my annual sketchbooks that I've put out for family, friends, and peers for the last 19 years (Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! was originally a sketchbook, too).

I hope you enjoy it when it comes out in the fall.  I will be traveling across the West Coast and beyond to read it to you. Stay tuned for more details.