Monday, February 13, 2012

Sausage Fest '12!


Every year Knuffle Manor is host to Sausage Fest, a grand feast for all of the folks that get my books from my drawing table to your home (editors, designers, agents, publicists, marketing folks, sales folks, folks that liaison with librarians and their ilk, etc.).

We serve a series of Dutch sausage-y dishes like cafe tomato/meatball soup, Suzitije Broodjes [Dutch sausage pastries], Polish Sausage, Various Cheeses, Other Sausage, Wine, Tea, cookies, and Some Sausage.  For the vegetarians in the group, we let them watch (and eat chick-pea/carrot soup, salads, and sundries).


This is all made possible by the fact that my wife is an amazing chef and I am a poor, yet diligent sous chef.  To prove it, here are our plans for the event (written on the paper that we use as a table cloth to doodle on during dinner).

My wife's prep.

My prep.

This was our 6th annual event and the crowd was the biggest yet, with over 25 folks from Hyperion Books, Harper Collins, my literary agency, and Weston Woods.  Unfortunately, we had so much fun, we forgot to take any pictures.


Folks did leave their marks, however.  Like any guest to Knuffle Manor, they were encouraged to draw on the dining room walls and the tables.  Here are some of their efforts:


(the wall theme was water)




















There was also some drawing on the table:







Huzzah!  Previous reportage of Sausage Fests can be found here.


Thanks to everyone who makes my work (and myself) look better than it should! 


Now, back to work....