Friday, June 15, 2012

"I like you books. I like them because you get all workt up ovr nuten." June Fan Mail Faves!

What a fun batch of fan mail came in this month.  Here are some of my faves

(Click on the images to enlarge)

Lots of Piggie's this month. This one feels almost like a Steig drawing...






She's so happy, I love it.


Another blissful Piggie!
First appearance of the FUNNY BUNNY WUNNY EXTREME doll!

Love the composition, like a playing card.



Somehow maternal...

I can't mow the lawn either, even though I'm named Mo

Lost and wistful.

Yay Cat the Cat!


We dress alike!






Look, the whole gang!




From DON'T LET THE PIGEON GET A LION. (Spoiler: it ends poorly for the Pigeon)

DON'T LET THE PIGEON PLAY A VIDEO GAME! has this line: "Sorry. Video Games are for people and ducklings." Brilliant!

Steam coming out of the ears!




This was created by a kid who was frustrated that her teacher didn't bring in my new E+P book into class soon enough, so SHE MADE HER OWN. Awesome.






I've been getting more and more class books drawn in the "Knuffle Bunny Style".  This one involves characters looking everywhere for a new friend named Lulu.

I mean, they look EVERYWHERE.

Love this.

From WE ARE IN A BOOK!


A whole Pigeon-land! PidgTopia!






What a cool classroom wall!



Huzzah!

Love that fan mail.  You can send it to:
The address for mail is:


Mo Willems Fan Mail

c/o Ricardo Mejias 

Hyperion Books for Children (and Pigeons)

125 West End Ave, 3rd Fl
New York NY 10023
United States

Please follow these guidelines: 

Please be patient as it takes a while to get the mail forwarded to me, processed and returned.

Teachers, a cover letter with the grade of your students is appreciated.
Teachers, please send all mail in single envelope.


Please do not send books to be signed.  They will be returned. 

No pitches, business opportunities, offers, or book ideas will be considered. 

Fan mail is for me to communicate directly with my readers, not open Nigerian bank accounts.  
 Thanks