Monday, June 11, 2012

THANKS TO YOU & BEA recap



Thanks to you THE DUCKLING GETS A COOKIE?! spends its 9th week on the New York Times Bestseller List at #6!  Thanks you!



I also got a chance to thank some of you in person last week at Book Expo America in NYC.  I had a good, although very busy, time.  It was nice to see various librarians, booksellers, editors, agents, & blogger pals in addition to catching up with the likes of Jon Scieszka, Mac Barnett, Libba Bray, Patty MacLachlin, Gordon Korman, Eoin Colfer, Ridley Pearson, Daniel Handler, Marla Frazee, Chris Myers Stephan Pastis, Bill Amend, Mark Tattulli, Sonia Manzano, and on and on (I told you it was busy).

I didn't take any pictures, but here are a few that I've gotten from pals, etc...

The Pigeon goes to work at the Javits...
Scieszka & Barnett are the official spokesmen of the upcoming DON'T LET THE PIGEON FINISH THIS ACTIVITY BOOK!
Editor Christian Trimmer and I getting ready for the onslaught.

At the art auction party, I took a modified big will (with art by the great Dan Santat) for a spin.

The next day was Green Day.  First, an interview at NBC Learn (more on this later when it's posted)

Then a super-fun shoot (with kids & puppets!) for the upcoming, aforementioned DON'T LET THE PIGEON FINISH THIS ACTIVITY BOOK! Here I am channeling pigeon reporter, Rock Dove.
And as long as were looking at pictures, how about this one of my Red Elephant sculpture at the Eric Carle Picture Book Museum dressed up for last weekend's baseball exhibits and events?  Awesome!

Love the peanuts!

Now back to work.

Also, the Seattle Times likes THE DUCKLING GETS A COOKIE?!