Wednesday, October 17, 2012

NOVEMBER APPEARANCES


November is going to be an interesting month, with a wide ranging set of appearances that are somewhat different than my normal book signings (and in one case, just crazy).

I'd love to see you if you're in the area, but please do check with the venue regarding admission policies, etc.


THURSDAY NOV. 1,  7PM

Williston Northampton School
Easthampton, MA

I'll be delivering a lecture on writing at the Williston School in the Dodge Room of the Reed Campus Center as part of their ongoing writer's workshop series.  The event is open to the public, but will be geared not to the little ones, but rather upperclassmen in the high school and adults.  I will discuss my work and how I get from blank page to final product. Should be a fun time and I'll definitely take some questions.

There will be no book signing after the event.


SATURDAY NOV. 10

Mazza Museum
University of Findlay
Findlay, OH

I'll be speaking and signing as part of a weekend symposium with luminaries and pals like Jon J Muth, David Macaulay, Erin Stead, and more.  Should be a great time and there is a dinner on Friday night.

There is a fee for the weekend and you must register to attend.

The gang from last year's show
SUNDAY NOV. 11, 4PM

23rd Annual Children's Illustration Show
R Michelson Gallery
Northampton, MA

This is the biggest gallery show of the year for Children's Book Illustrators.  Every year, the gang from Western Mass and beyond descend on the gallery to check out great art, hang out, reconnect, and see the fans.  Regulars include pals like Tony and Angie DiTerlizzi, Rebecca Guay, Jane Yolen, Jane Dyer, Barry Moser, Scott Fischer, Jarrett Krosoczka, and many, many more. Always great fun and worth the trip.




FRIDAY NOV. 16,  7PM

Books to Treasure
Tulsa Central Library
Tulsa, OK

I will be giving a public presentation followed by a signing at the Central Library.  Even cooler, I'll be spending the day with almost every 2nd grader in Tulsa reading my books and having fun throughout the day, as part of the Books to Treasure program.

Books to Treasure is sponsored by the Tulsa Library Trust through a grant from the Anne and Henry Zarrow Foundation, with special thanks to the Tulsa World and Holland Hall.  The Anne and Henry Zarrow Foundation is providing one free copy of Willems’ “Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator!“ to each second-grader in Tulsa County.  Students also have the opportunity to receive a special library card featuring art from the book.

Amazing!

Really looking forward to this event.


Charlie K and big Greg Heffley
THURSDAY NOV. 22, early AM

Macy's Day Parade
New York City

Thanks to pal and Wimpy Kid editor, Charlie Kochman and Jeff Kinney, my wife and I will be among the throngs holding the Wimpy Kid Balloon as we march down 5th Ave.  Check it out in person or on TV, but be sure to wave (I'll be the guy accidentally crashing Greg into a building or something).

I know, I know, crazy, right?

It's a busy month,  but I hope you get a chance to say 'hi' if you're in the area.  I'll be spending the rest of the year catching up on my work.