Monday, November 5, 2012

Bid for a Skype Visit with me for Sandy Relief.



Upset by the devastation of Sandy and wanting to do something, Author Kate Messner has put together a great collection of events and advice from a huge number of authors and illustrators that you can bid on, with all of the proceeds going to the Red Cross Sandy Relief fund.

I've put on the block a 1/2 hour school Skype visit where I'll chat with kids and read from a brand new, unpublished ELEPHANT AND PIGGIE book. That's right, your kids will be the first to hear this story!

My schedule does not allow me to do school visits or Skype, so this is really a unusual opportunity.

The details are here.

The bidding continues until November 12.  Please bid.

If this isn't the thing for you or the kids in your life, check out all of the other amazing offerings.

Or you can simply donate to the Red Cross or the charity of your choice.

Having seen similar devastation in my hometown of New Orleans 6 years back, I know that every bit will help my friends and neighbors back in Brooklyn, NYC, and beyond.