Monday, November 12, 2012

The Duckling Gets a Nomination!?

Great news from over the pond.  My latest Pigeon picture book, THE DUCKLING GETS A COOKIE!? has been long listed for the KATE GREENAWAY MEDAL, the UK's version of the Caldecott medal.


It's really very exciting news and I'm thrilled to be on such an impressive long list*.  I will be (briefly) visiting friends and fans in England next year, but until then many thanks to you and the fine folks at Walker Books, my publisher for the UK, Australia, New Zealand, & Ireland.

*Congrats also to pal Oliver Jeffers, who is also on the list.

Thanks to you, Elephant and Piggie's latest adventure, LET'S GO FOR A DRIVE!, returns to the New York Times Bestseller List at #7!  Thanks, you!

And thanks Vets!  My folks tell great stories about you guys liberating Holland. Greatly appreciated.