Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Let's start out by wishing you a happy and healthy new year in 2013.

The next twelve months will be jam-packed with celebrations and changes including new and exciting projects I can talk about (and those I can't just yet).

Much of the year will center around the Pigeon's 10th birthday celebrations; DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS! was published in April of 2003 which launched a crazy decade of fantastic experiences and adventures for me and my family.

Just some of the things lined up for the year include:

A special performance of many of my books by a great group of funny comics in San Francisco.

A major retrospective exhibition of the past decade at the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, MA.

New projects in new media, digital and analog.

The publication of an art book featuring 20 years of The Mo Willems Sketchbook, an annual collection I've been producing since 1993 (the birthplace of a grown-up DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS! years before it was published as a children's book).

Speeches at SCBWI's winter meeting in NYC,  IRA in San Antonio, and the National Cartoonist Society annual meeting in Pittsburgh

A new, big theatrical production, plus continued regional stagings of KNUFFLE BUNNY: A CAUTIONARY MUSICAL.

Much touring and visiting including stops in London, Oxford, Endinburgh, Newcastle, Dublin, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Atlanta, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, and (of course) Northampton and Amherst, MA.

The celebration of Elephant & Piggie's Friendiversary with First Book distributing books to 2nd graders in New Orleans, Springfield and Holyoke, MA (and beyond) .
The publication of a brand new picture book along with a few more Elephant and Piggie adventures.
As you can see, it's going to be one of my busiest years to date.

I'll post all the information I can as it becomes available on this blog, and I'm sure The Pigeon will tweet about it as well.

Thanks for your continued support and I hope to see you on the road in '13!