Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Nelson Willems, 1999-2013

Woof.


Sad news at Knuffle Manor.  

After celebrating a happy 14th birthday at the beginning of the   month, our dog Nelson suddenly took ill and passed away after my return from the road last week.

Nelson was a great companion and friend to all, always ready to help my writing by taking a long walk or protect me from my rage at a malfunctioning printer by sitting on my lap.  He was also an art collector, an artist, and the inspiration for CITY DOG, COUNTRY FROG, a book that deals directly with loss.

Much like his actions over the years have proven to be empathetic and calming, it is nice to know that he can still give me comfort while dealing with his loss.

I hope you'll indulge me with a few images as a form of rememberance...

Some light reading...

Sketches from when I was writing City Dog...

A more recent drawing.

Nelson in a Rhymes with Orange strip.

Nelson recently at his perch below my desk, guarding against Prin-tor, my arch-enemy.