Friday, April 5, 2013

I'm off! (+Fan Mail Faves)

I'm off to NYC to celebrate The Pigeon's 10th birthday for a couple of days before setting off to Washington DC to continue workshopping this fall's ELEPHANT & PIGGIE'S WE ARE IN A PLAY! for the Kennedy Center.


After that I'll be on the road for some personal work followed by speaking and the tour for THAT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!


The full appearance schedule for April is here.  I hope to see you if you're in the area.

It is going to be a very busy month that will proclude me from doing any blogging.


Although, I'm sure The_Pigeon will be tweeting fun stuff in the interim.

So, I thought I'd leave you with some great fan mail favorites from this month's batch while you wait for my return to blogginginging. Enjoy!

(click on any image to enlarge)









This was a full on awesome comic.  See below:



Love all the blue!



Etsy Pigeon...


This Pigeon is pretending to be a Peacock!

Another brilliant saga.  See excerpts from the story below:



Love the specificity of this idea.

So minimal! I love it.


There is a bird on Gerald's head!




From Happy Pig Day!



So many great parties with all the characters.




Real issues.






Looks like I'm going to have to go on Google...

Revising characters to scale is something I do all the time.

That's one smelly skunk!



I hope so too...


I love how pumped Elephant Gerald is about his new glasses!


Great colors!


I can always use a bonus story!


Big beak

Great colors



Cyborg Pigeon & pals!




Huzzah!

Please note the Fan Mail address has changed.  It is now:




The address for mail is:


Mo Willems Fan Mail

c/o Ricardo Mejias 

Hyperion Books for Children (and Pigeons)

125 West End Ave, 3rd Fl
New York NY 10023
United States


Please follow these guidelines: 

Please be patient as it takes a while to get the mail forwarded to me, processed and returned.

Teachers, a cover letter with the grade of your students is appreciated.
Teachers, please send all mail in single envelope.


Please do not send books to be signed.  They will be returned. 

No pitches, business opportunities, offers, or book ideas will be considered. 

Fan mail is for me to communicate directly with my readers, not open Nigerian bank accounts.  
 Thanks