Friday, May 31, 2013

DON'T PIGEONHOLE ME! Exhibit...

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm very excited about two big exhibits in Amherst & Northampton at the end of June.

The first, SERIOUSLY SILLY at the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art is a retrospective of my children's book work over the past decade.  It runs through the end of the year.


The second, which runs through the summer at the R. Michelson Gallery in Northampton, MA, is a collection of two decades of grown up work from drawings, ceramics, metal work, magnetic compositions, and original drawings from my upcoming sketchbook collecton DON'T PIGEONHOLE ME!

Here's a sample of the sort of stuff you'll see at that show:

I've made a bunch of these magnet constructions.  They're real fun, with each magnet floating in air, constantly striving to connect to something, but being held back by a thin string.

Yellow Crown Red, magnet & mixed media, 12 x 11.25"
Garden, magnet & mixed media, 18 x 11"
The Discussion, wire & ceramic, 
  14.5 x 6.5 x 6.5"


Balloon Trouble, pencil crayon and watercolor, 7.5 x 4.5"
 Heads Up, ink, 5.25 x 3.25"

Red Elephant, sculpture, 4.5 x 11.5 x 5.5", a smaller version of the giant RED ELEPHANT at the Carle
I hope you'll be able to join me at the opening in Northampton, MA or come check out the show some other time during the summer.

 

(speaking of seeing me, I'm off to NYC for a few apperances this weekend. Drop by if you're around)