Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May Appearances

After a month of travel, May's schedule is a bit lighter.

As I announced recently, I will be taking a year off abroad starting this summer. Consequently, these appearances will be my last ones in these locations for at least a year.

If you're in the area, please drop by to say hello, and remember to check with the venue regarding signing policies, etc...


MAY 25 - 26  PITTSBURGH, PA

It's the annual conference for the National Cartoonist Society!  Always great fun and this year there will be a public event, so don't miss it!

Sat. May 25, pm -  I will be speaking about my career and breaking down picture books for conference attendees.  There will be a signing afterwards (again for attendees).

Sun. May 26-  Toonseum Festival. I will be joined by a great big gang of cartoonists for a huge public signing & festival.  Check out the whole list, because there are some amazing talents talking and signing.

From 2:00pm-3:00pm I will be at the August Wilson Center across the street from the Toonseum

There will be books (including exclusive preview copies of DON'T PIGEON HOLE ME: TWO DECADES OF THE MO WILLEMS SKETCHBOOK) for sale to benefit various outreach programs in the area, so please support the show. 

 
MAY 31 - JUNE 1  NEW YORK CITY

Fri. May 31 - BEA.  I'll be signing at the great big Book Expo America.  Don't forget to visit the Harper and Hyperion booths for cool stuff.

Here's my signing schedule:

1:30pm – 2:30pm            Autographing That is Not a Good Idea! at signing Table 10

3:00pm – 4:00pm           Autographing in Disney/Hyperion Booth (#1721)

Don’t Let Pigeon Drive the Bus! and Big Guy Took My Ball!


I believe the first signing requires a ticket and the second is as long as books last, so get your tickets or place in line early as these events tend to "sell out".

Also, the Disney/Hyperion booth has some fun give aways and a photo-shoot opportunity with you and The Pigeon and a special announcement!

 (These events are for BEA attendees)

Sat. June 1 - 7:00pm – 8:00pm                  

470 Bergen St.
Brooklyn, NY 

I will be discussing the upcoming cartoon collection DON'T PIGEON HOLE ME! TWO DECADES OF THE MO WILLEMS SKETCHBOOK followed by a signing.  Even though the book isn't due out until mid-June, the store will have a special advance shipment of books available in addition to my other work. 

I hope you'll come out and check out 20 years of my 'grown-up' work, including the birth of the Pigeon. 

(This event is open to the public and will be geared to the grown ups & big kids. Only 1 book from home, pls.)

There will be further events in June including a big weekend with the opening of the SERIOUSLY SILLY  exhibit retrospective at the Eric Carle Museum of Art in Amherst, MA (here's a piece in SLJ about it), and a show of my grown up work (including some exciting brand new magnitized stuff) at the R. Michelson Gallery in Northampton, MA and events at the ALA Convention in Chicago.