Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fun and drawings at ILLUSTRATION MASTER CLASS

Amazing fantasy artist and pal Rebecca Guay has run the ILLUSTRATION MASTER CLASS seminar in Amherst MA for many years.  It's core faculty is amazing as well as special guests like Mike Mignola, Iain McCaig and James Gurney.

Last night pal Peter deSeve and I returned for an evening of guest lectures.

I didn't mention this on my appearances page because by the time I was booked for this the class had already sold out.  This being my 2nd appearance, I was again impressed  by the passion and ability of the students.  Their work was top notch.

Among the highlights of speaking is knowing that Jim Gureney and his wife, Jeanette, will characature you during your talk.

Sad, but true.

Thanks to Jeanette for making me thinner than I am.
 Their sketchbooks are things of beauty.

Mike Mignola, Peter DeSeve, and a fan.
Also the faculty dinner afterwards is incredible.  Everyone tells war stories and geeks out on their influences and collection of favorite artists and illustrators going back a few centuries.
Mike can DRAW.

What fun!