Friday, February 28, 2014

MARCH UPDATE!



 COMIX!

I'm on sabbatical for the year.  While I will be making various appearances in Europe and beyond, mostly I'll be spending time at the home base in Paris, France drawing and doodling.  


You can check out my experiments over at Universal U-Click for a comic-strip-doodle-thingie called PARIS DOODLES . The strip runs drawings, dining room dinner doodles, and photos on weekdays.

EXHIBITS!



A fun exhibit in Seoul, Korea!  "The Pigeon Goes to Seoul: A Children's Exhibition Celebrating Mo Willems" is currently at Seongnam Arts Center.

808, Seongnam-daero, 
Bundang-gu, 
Seongnam-si, 
Gyeonggi-do.

The show is filled with a large selection of my book work including various interactive activities and runs though June 8, 2014 (See more about my recent visit to the show below)

(Here is an article about the show-in Korean...) 



Meanwhile, stateside, the McDaniel College in Baltimore, MD has a group show entitled Beyond Words: The Artistry of Illustrated Children's Books featuring a stellar line up (and also featuring a few of my pieces). 
 

APPEARANCES!

I'll be making two appearances just down the street from the Eiffel Tower for the AMERICAN LIBRARY IN PARIS this month.  One for kids and one for grown-ups.  BOTH in English.  Also, I'll have a signing at the Paris Salon du Livre.



Saturday March 8th at 3pm, STORYTIME FOR KIDS, off-site @ the American Cathedral (23 avenue George V, 75008)

I'll be reading some of my books for the kids off-site at the American Cathedral followed by a Q+A.  This will be a particularly fun gig as I'll be giving a world premier of a brand new, not yet released, PIGEON book!

Note: Space will be limited, so first come, first serve.  There will be NO signing after this event (there will be one for the grown up event later in the month). This event is open to the public, but non-members will have to purchase a day pass for their child.

FULL DETAILS HERE.

Tuesday March 18th at 19.30 h, TALK FOR ADULTS at the AMERICAN LIBRARY

10, rue du Général Camou 75007 Paris

This event will take place at the library. I'll be discussing my career, my work, and breaking down the construction of one of my books. Should be fun for artists, students, teachers, and those who think this kind of thing is fun.

Note: There will be a signing after the event with book sales at the event including my adult cartoon retrospective. Limit books from home to one, please. This event is free and open to the public. FULL DETAILS HERE.



Dédicace au Salon du Livre

Sunday March 23, 14h-16h at the l’école des loisirs stand (L63).

Je vais faire une dédicace de mes livres français sur.  Allez!

The Salon du Livre is the big annual Paris book festival.  It should be a great event with booksellers of all kinds filling up the exhibit hall. I'll be signing French editions of my work at Stand L63.  

This is a French event, but I'll speak English (or Dutch) to you if you'd like. 

If you're in Paris for either of these events, please do drop by.  It would be nice to see you.

VIDEO!

I was asked by the nice folks at the American Library Association to document my feeling about Elephant & Piggie's recent Geisel Honor for A BIG GUY TOOK MY BALL! So, I did: 


You can see other reactions by other honorees here.

CONTEST!
I'm excited about this classroom/lego contest where kids are encouraged to create their own Pigeon stories in LEGO. The winners will receive a 2 foot tall Pigeon made of LEGO (& a video from me) or exclusive limited edition LEGO MINI-PIGEONS! (yikes!)

FULL DETAILS HERE.


A little while back, pal & cartoonist Mark Anderson took it upon himself to create his own Lego Pigeon.  You can see how he did it here (it's as easy as 1, 2, 3 x 3,40589 - x 34)

RECAP!

I spent a few days at the end of February in Seoul, South Korea visiting "The Pigeon Goes to Seoul" exhibit, meeting fans and doing the press rounds.  It was a wonderful (and delicious) trip. The show is lovely and great fun and our hosts were fantastic.  Below are a few photos to give a sense of the trip.

We had a really fun reading and drawing demo at the center.  Everyone was fabulously silly.


The kids were really fun...
and ADORABLE.

The show is filled with all sorts of interactive activities.  Love that they made a twirly thing based on my Red Elephant sculpture at the Eric Carle Museum.
The fun continues after you've seen the show with these amazing origami patterns of Pigeon, Elephant & Piggie!
Much of the rest of the trip was spent with the guy on the left, Soon, who translated for all of the press events and gave us a great tour of the city's many fabulous restaurants.
 
I was given the royal treatment.  Thanks to all for all the work, and all the fun.

NEW!

A slew of new books are coming out next month, including THE PIGEON NEEDS A BATH! on April 1st (which is incidentally The Pigeon's 11th birthday).  I hope you enjoy his latest adventure!




I'll be doing a "Satelite Tour" on the 1st, which means I'll be chatting with local morning news programs across the US.  As soon as I get a tentative list of the stations, I'll let you know.


In addition, two new versions of Cat the Cat Books will be released at the end of the month.  The first out of the gate of these slightly revised BOARD BOOK versions are WHO IS THAT, CAT THE CAT? and  WHO FLIES, CAT THE CAT? Mo' info can be gleaned at GoMo.net

NICE!




Thanks to you, Elephant & Piggie's I'M A FROG! hopped back onto the NYTimes Besteller list for a week at #10.  Thanks, you! 



Elephant & Piggie's LISTEN TO MY TRUMPET! garnered a mention on the Capitol Choices list of noteworthy books for 2013.  A nice recognition and a great list.

THAT'S IT!



That's this month's post.  Meanwhile, I'm sure The Pigeon will keep tweeting...